Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Buddhist Personality : Pierce Brosnan

Name : Pierce Brosnan
Nationality : Ireland / American (Dual citizenship)
Date Of Birth : ;16th May 1953
Profession : Actor

Raised as a Catholic he used to be an Altar Boy in his church back then. Got interested in Buddhism in the early 2000s after travelling across northern India with Dalai Lama and hosted a Tibetan Buddhis TV series , Preserving Mongolian Culture : Buddhism for Mongolian TV with Richard Gere, Keanu Reeves and Dalai Lama himself. He wears a strand of Tibetan beads given to him years ago by a Buddhist monk during a turbulent flight for good luck. He once joked during an interview that he wanted to be reincarnated as a bald headed eagle.

an excerp from his interview with ShowBizIreland.com

Q. Do you still practice the Catholicism you were reared with?

A. I was an altar boy. That never leaves you. So when there are churches around, I go to church. I just went yesterday. I also love the teachings of Buddhist philosophy. It's my own private faith. I don't preach it, but it's a faith that is a comfort to me when the night is long.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Very good. _/\_

Anonymous said...

Excellent